A Collection of Dreams
My
slumbers at night were usually accompanied by dreams, some more vivid than
others. Here are 3 of the more memorable ones throughout my years of dreaming.
-----
1. The Deed I Did not Commit – 15 January 2019
A
lady stood before me. She appeared to be pestering a group of us, almost
begging, about something. To my horror, blocks of coagulated blood started to
fall out of her mouth as she pleaded. “It’s
this medical condition I have,” she said.
I
was seated at the back seat of a car. A rather big man was taking us somewhere
and as we crossed a bridge over a river, we saw the same lady sitting over at
the edge. The big man stopped the car, got down, pushed her over and sped off
while the rest of us were still struggling with shock and disbelief.
----
We
were all gathered in a goldsmiths shop, apparently scheming a plot to blame the
lady’s death on the owner. The big guy who did the deed cooked up a feast and
invited a group of people to the shop, the owner included. We all ate and
drank. It wasn’t until much later, the big guy revealed to us (the witnesses of
the murder) that our meal earlier was made from parts of the lady’s corpse,
which he butchered in a toilet nearby.
----
It
was a few days later. For some reason, I was spying on my friend, Mag, and a
random someone. They seemed to be on a date at the vicinity of the goldsmith’s
shop. Mag asked if she can excuse herself to the ladies’ and as soon as she
walked away, her date turned around and spotted me. I got up, ran and hid in a
corner while he searched for me frantically. Out of nowhere, a piece of cloth
fell on my lap and as he approached me, I got up, blindfolded him and kissed
him (HARD). After God knows how long, I spun him around, removed the blindfold
and I ran. I ran till I saw nothing but white, slowly coming back to my conscious
senses.
2. Keeping it Local – sometime back in 2008
I
was in my room, lying in bed. As I shifted my body to the left, there he was
with his thick, wavy hair, his dreamy eyes looking in to mine. Dr Sheik
Muszaphar Shukor, the first Malaysian astronaut was right there, next to me.
And we were getting married soon.
----
I
was on an aeroplane with my husband’s arm linked to mine. We were on our way to
our honeymoon. “Where are we going?”
I asked, to which he replied “It’s a
surprise, darling.”
----
I was queuing for assam laksa while he looked for a table
for two in front of a pop up stall called "Penang Best".
3. A Better Place – 2010
I
was at my grandparents’ house for the holidays. My grandmother taught me how to
cook my favourite dish – fried mackerel stuffed with homemade sambal. I
accompanied her as she harvested her crops at the backyard.
----
But moments later, she died. There, I stood before her cold, stiff body laying so peacefully in
the coffin as my grandfather put his arm around me. All of a sudden, she arose
and started floating towards the orchard at the front yard, slowly ascending
into the endless sky.
“Where is she going, ye ye?” I asked.
“I don’t know, but she’s going to be in a better
place than here, for sure” he replied.
Comments
Post a Comment